Sunday, April 7, 2013

What's the Difference?



Why bother figuring out what the truth of life is?  Other than satisfying my curiosity, what is it good for?  And, how can I know whether my ideas hold water anyway?  Why not just cut out all of this intellectual theorizing and get on with it?

Here’s what I think.

I want to have a good time while I’m here on the planet.  I want to have the best time that I can have.  I want to feel good.  The best way that I can do that is to know what I’m dealing with so I can make the best moves to get me what I want.  Simple.

I want a map, a nice clear map.  I want to cut down on the wrong turns and get to the good place.

A clear picture of reality is that map.

If my map is good, I’ll find out right away.  If it’s not good, I’ll change it.  It’s my map and I can do what I want with it.  I can fool around with my map until I get to where I want to be.  Even if it’s not perfect, it’s better to have a map than not to.  At the very least, I make better guesses that way.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment