Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Power of I Am

The strong declarative statement “I am” acts like a magical incantation.  Whatever follows it is called into being.  The statement becomes a prophesy about what I expect and believe to be real.  It is a self-fulfilling prophesy.  It is an attractor of whatever it names.

If you say, “I am afraid”, your reward will be to feel more fear.  If you say, “I am sick”, you will experience more sickness.  Anything you name after the incantation, “I am” will come into your experience.  If you state, “I am powerful” or “I am healthy” or “I am happy”, you will attract those attributes as well.  So, be careful where you point your “I am” statements.  They are always loaded.

These statements are not magic.  They are simply focused comments about what is real to you.  The power to attract experiences into you reality does not lie in the words.  It lies within you.  You are the powerful creator of your experiences.  The words merely focus and express your desires.  It is those desires, those expectations, and the emotions that drive them that summon what they name.  That is why fears often manifest so efficiently.  An idea driven by strong emotion is forceful, the stronger the emotion, the greater the force.  The greater the emotional force, the greater the attractive power of the statement.

If you find yourself saying things about yourself that you do not want to materialize, change your statement to something that you do want.  “I am sick” can become, “I am healing”.  “I am afraid” can become, “I am finding the courage”.  Lay claim to whatever you choose to experience. Put your order in for it.  Make it an “I am” statement and confidently expect your intended outcome.  You will get it.

If your “I am” statements merely report your experience of the moment, you will create more of that.  You will still be creating but you will be creating by default and merely creating more of the same, the same, the same.  It is vital that your “I am” statements mirror what you want and not merely what you see.  It is important that you resist the urge to be “realistic” by giving voice to momentary conditions.  If you want to see change, you must claim it with an “I am” statement that names what you want.  Use “I am” to summon what you want rather than to simply report where you are at the moment.

You can do this.  It may take a little practice, but paying attention to your “I am” statements will pay off as your outcomes in life begin to match your deep desires more and more.  It is well worth the effort.  The universe is your mirror.  Choose the reflection that you wish to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment